Breakups are like cholesterol. They’re good for the economy. But bad for the heart. ~ Chic Pencil
There are many ways to deal with breakups. But I must say it depends on how deep the cut is.
After breaking up with my only few long-termed relationships, I was able to developed couple of steps or routines which I find to be effective. These steps did not come from any self-help material. No shrink is involved either.
- Step 1: Wallow. Just sit down on your couch and watch anything. For sure your mind is not into it anyway. You just want to forget that you are alone and the TV is a good company. Have a Ben and Jerry’s, Haagen Dazs, Baskin-Robins ice creams on your side as they are good companies as well.
- Step 2: Drink red wine. Red wines are healthier choices compared to drinks such tequila, vodka, scotch, whisky, rhum, brandy, etc. Other than that, it doesn’t give you the additional bulges on your tummy immediately. Drink with fellow lady or ladies. Otherwise, you will get yourself into trouble. Don’t play innocent here, you practically know what I mean.
- Step 3: Schedule a massage, facial, and spa. Yeah baby, your eyes are puffy because of crying. Your body is just too lethargic because you are not moving for the last of couple of days. Get a massage to reinvigorate your energy and return the body rhythm. Get a facial to reduce the puffiness of your eyes and relax your skin. Get spa to return your mood to its own original state.
- Step 4: Schedule an appointment with your personal trainer. Oh man, this is tough. But you don’t have a choice but to do it. This is to return back your body to its prior state. Your metabolism, the weight that you may have gained because of wallowing and drinking. Facing a personal trainer (PT) is always tough but you got no other option but to do it!
- Step 5: Schedule an appointment to your hairstlylist. This has always been effective to everyone. Everytime a breakup occurs, the mind always thinks of adopting a new look in order to forget the past. Works everytime.
- Step 6: Shopping – the retail therapy. Ahhh… shopping… my favorite past time to kill boredom… I didn’t know that it is also effective during breakups. But it actually is. Shopping is also relative to how painful the breakup that you want to overcome. One painful breakup led me buying my favorite Coach bag which I have been contemplating to buy for a long time.
- Step 7: Think of your Ex and be Fair. Come on, all that has happened is in the past. As what the famous line goes:
It takes two to Tango.
Life will always continue to both of you. Let go. Learn from mistakes and continue the journey.
There you go.
Breakups are good on the economy. Because you see, all the steps above involves cha-ching.
I know some of you will say ‘you can always talk to a friend to ease the pain’…
Well, you can do that but at the end of the day, when you’re already alone in your room, your eyes will just see the four corners and you will just remember him. Whereas, when you spend, your eyes and your attention will be diverted to the beautiful things you’ve just purchased.
Superficiality will be of great-help during this occassion.
For sure you also have your own methods of handling breakups. I’m just sharing mine.
The Innocent Cry. He’s my nephew. And this was taken during his chagrin moments on my birthday celebration in Germany last September 2010.
Til next time. Au revoir.
4 thoughts on “Of Breakups, Cholesterol, And Economy”
I was looknig everywhere and this popped up like nothing!
Calilng all cars, calling all cars, we’re ready to make a deal.